Because of the ongoing threat of Tropical Depression 20W, we anticipate the declaration of Tropical Storm Condition II for the islands of Saipan, Tinian, and Rota at 12:00 noon.
Due to the current vulnerability of our islands as we continue to recover from Super Typhoon Yutu and Typhoon Mangkhut, effective 12:00 noon, all government offices will be shut down on Thursday, September 23, 2021 and through Friday, September 24, 2021.
Non-critical government employees are advised to go home, take care of their families, secure their belongings, and finalize preparations for heavy rainfall and increasing wind speeds
The CNMI Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Management (HSEM), through the CNMI Emergency Operations Center State Warning Point, will maintain a 24-hour operation, monitor the movement of Tropical Depression 20W, and will be issuing bulletins and advisories as they become available.
This is an evolving situation, and we will continue to provide updates moving forward.
For more information, please visit the following:
- CNMI EOC State Warning Point Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/cnmieocswp/
- CNMI Office of the Governor Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/GovernorCNMI
- Governor Ralph DLG. Torres Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ralphdlg.torres/
- NWS Website: https://www.weather.gov/gum/
- NWS Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NWSGuam/
RALPH DLG. TORRES
# # #