On Tuesday, Governor Ralph DLG. Torres signed the following bills into law:
House Local Bill 22-9, which appropriates $2,145.73 allotted under Saipan Local Law 17-18 for the installation of two speed bumps on Adobu Drive in Koblerville and $3,253.65 allotted under Saipan Local Law 19-05 for the installation of street lights within the vicinity of the Koblerville Basketball Facilities and the Koblerville Youth Center. This bill becomes Saipan Local Law 22-04.
House Local Bill 22-12, D1, which appropriates $560,000 from revenue collected for the Third Senatorial District pursuant to Public Law 20-59.
The appropriation is broken down as follows:
· $100,000 to the Saipan Higher Education Financial Assistance (SHEFA) scholarship program
· $150,000 for the operations of the Saipan and Northern Islands Legislative Delegation
· $50,000 to the Saipan Cares for Animals for the relocation of their facility and operational costs
· $30,000 for the payment of plans for a new fire station on the north side of Saipan
· $50,000 for the Mayor of Saipan for operations and costs associated with their Liberation Day festivities
· $15,000 for the Saipan Little League
· $15,000 for the Marianas Racing Association
· $20,000 for the Office of the Board of Parole
· $15,000 for the Northern Mariana Islands Museum of History and Culture for its operations
· $25,000 for the Haggan/Woong United for Recovery
· $25,000 for the Northern Marianas Protection and Advocacy Systems, Inc.
· $10,000 for the Saipan Fishermen’s Association
· $20,000 for the Commonwealth Women’s Association
· $35,000 for Micronesian Legal Services Corporation
This bill becomes Saipan Local Law 22-5.
# # #